Wednesday, February 08, 2006

1st Department lunch...

The previous Christmas celebration as juz a mini-gathering in the office. Today, we had a CNY department lunch. Well, my department is small enough.... and 1 manager had to be on mc and the bride-to-be went on leave :s

It was held at a restaurant in Excelcier hotel. Just next to our office -.-''' It felt kinda awkard having lunch with the managers and our big boss (aka the tax principal). I sat next to my manager Sam and 1 of my usual lunch mates. So it wasn't that bad... thank god i didn't have to sit next to Albert. :S My other 3 lunch mates took their own sweet time to walk there...haha... so left with the worst seats. And 1 of the manager had to leave 2 seats btw her and Albert and another 1 seat away from another manager. How nice of her... So my poor 3 lunchie mates had to spilt. I pity the girl sitting btw both managers. She was exceptionally quiet and didn't look that comfy. The one who teased me yday abt putting me next to Albert, kena the seat next to him. lolx.. hahaha.... moral: dun be mean !!!

Usually our lunchies are full of conversations. But today it was quiet .... with some talking done by the managers and Albert and our occasionally few comments. It was my 1st time seeing our superiors in a relax mode and a chatty mode. Actually, after being Albert's so-called secretary for the last 5 days, i juz found that he wasn't that bad... but they told me coz i'm still very new so all of them still quite nice to me...hmm.. i hope it stays as it is though ....

I felt a lil bit tense throughout...haha...not used to having this kinda meals yet. lolx... Food wise... it was ok lor... the usual 捞鱼生 but taste not as good as the 1 in crystal jade, sakae and the home-made ones :p Had the so-called sharks fin but ingredients like not there.... chicken, fish, mushroom + veg, yam + scallop, noodles and desert. 8 course including the 鱼生。 I wonder how much it cost...anyway, it's a treat from the managers + Albert since they are the richest ppl in the office. Though i think i didn't eat that much... coz a bit paiseh in front of all the "big shots" ... but i was really full !!!

Today i also gave the job of secretary back to HL. hahaha... it wasn't a bad experience... though suffered from numerous paper cuts. Had to handle phone calls, do despatch to clients and CIT, be water-girl haha... collect faxes, open mails etc... HAd to handle the terrible billing which made me soooo stress. The worst of all was having to ransack Albert's room to find 2 pieces of paper ! Really 海底捞针 *faintz* Being resumed as a tax assistant today...lolx... i kinda forgot wad i usually did...hahaha... anyway had to clear the mountain of my own work accumulated for the past 5 days. I think it is good in a way that i was "rotated" to do something else. I kinda feel more refreshed. Work more efficiently. Maybe they should do it more often...hehe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home