Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Last Day @ DOS

Last day at DOS.... 1st thing in the mornign when i reached office, i told my mentor today was my last day. She wasn't very shocked and congratulated me on my new found job and asked me to lunch with her today (1st time since i was there).
Didn't buy any kopi for the past 2 days....and i survived !!!! In fact, today i worked a lil harder and completed more editing and chased a few sets of accounts back in the morning. But i still did surf the net for a while...hehehe.....
My mentor waited for me downstairs during lunch....i guessed she waited for a while coz the clock in the project room is a lil slower.... She insisted on treating me *shyz* We had japanese in a lil small shop....luckily not very expensive... but i juz thought it was really nice of her =) As i mentioned, i am blessed to have a patient and nice mentor ^.^
After lunch, did a bit more data entry to complete my work. Didn't wan to leave things halfway done. And i wonder why....today last day and i had sooo much photostating to do -.-'''''' Goshh....
Spent nearly 2 hrs ++ sorting out my work on hand and to 交待 everything properly. Didn't want to leave creating a mess for my mentors to clear.
Went around office to say my goodbyes to the neccessary ppl and gave them some lil token. I'm not sure if they were really surprised or it juz courtesy.... but their expressions indicated state of surprise and they said i shouldn't have spent the money. Well, it's juz my token of appreciation to them for being patient with all my silly questions in my course of work.
The project room was really quiet today.....quite unusual....usually, it would be filled with laughter and small chit-chats. My fellow DREs wrote me lil notes.... very sweet of them *touched* In fact, during the last 1 hr, i actually felt a lil 不舍得. U all muz be thinking....1 moment say boring....now say 不舍得. Of course it's not the work i 不舍得...i muz be outta my brain if i ever said that. I had my share of fun and laughter and gossips in hte project room with the others even though it was juz a shere 2 months. Tease me if u wish... but i felt a lil 眼浅 (not sure if there's such a word in mandarin..but i know there is in canto), could feel bits of tears at the edge of my eyes.... i felt a bit paiseh la.... like for nothing also tear. I think i camouflaged it with my smiles... hopefully....Shows i'm quite a sentimental person hor....hehe...
Well, i guess all my colleagues dun find me terrible ...lol... had a bit of praises from my manager... hehhe.... I believe i just nid a little bit of time to warm up in front of "new" ppl....
I do hope i meet nice ppl in GT on thurs and i will have a nice and patient mentor as i always have .... i hope lady luck continues to shine on me =)

p/s: i think i'm the only DRE that has ever left so soon....not even 2 months !!! Oh...and my mentor actually told me she was happy for me to go becoz a grad shouldn't be staying as a DRE for long....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah wont tease u abt being emotional lar....last time i at DFS last day always super bu she de also...will really go everywhere to say bye bye...hee.. n anyway being my les partner of course make u sentimental like me too!

30 November, 2005 00:53  
Blogger Ming said...

gosh...
chris doesn't want you to go about saying u're her les partner can?

machiam all ur comments have mentioned that one

30 November, 2005 15:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wth....cant i b proud of it?? haha...plus i was stating similar traits ma n who say all my comment say she n me les?? u den keep saying ur SHE wor!

30 November, 2005 22:09  
Blogger yung said...

good luck in your new job!

01 December, 2005 09:03  
Blogger ChRiStInE said...

yah man....better stop saying i'm ur les partner...i'm still searching for my rich husband !!!

yung: thanks!!! is our outing on sat still on ??? ^.^

01 December, 2005 23:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home